See the above video for information that answers "How to Hire a Criminal Lawyer." Generally, criminal lawyers may agree to represent a client for specific aspects of a criminal litigation. The ciminal lawyer may also agree to represent the individual during the entire criminal ltigation. The extent of the representation should be expressly agreed upon and reduced to writing so that everyone is on the same page. Criminal defense attorneys may charge for representation according to a flat fee schedule. In other words, they may require a specific fee up front to begin representation. In some cases, the criminal attorney may require a retainer to bill against at an hourly rate. Once again, this agreement in between you and your attorney.
It is not always easy to determine if you need the services of a criminal lawyer in Baton Rouge. Criminal lawyers provide a variety of services.
You may need a criminal lawyer if any of the following apply:
- If you have been arrested.
- If you have been given a summons.
- If you have been formally charged.
- If you have been arrested but given no court date, you need a criminal lawyer because the charges may be coming.
- If you have been arrested for a DWI, you need a lawyer as soon as possible because you only have thirty (30) days from date of arrest to request an administrative hearing.
- Anybody who is under investigation by state or federal law agencies should have the assistance of counsel.
- If you are being asked to answer questions by your company's attorney regarding possible fraud, you need a criminal lawyer.
- If you feel that you may be the target of an investigation.
Contact Baton Rouge criminal lawyer Carl Barkemeyer at (225) 964-6720.