Do You Get Kicked Out Of College If Arrested?
Many students ask the questions- do you get kicked out of college if arrested? Getting arrested can be a scary experience. You may be wondering what will happen to you and your future. One question that many people have is whether or not getting arrested will get them kicked out of college. The answer to this question depends on the specific situation of what caused the student to be arrested.
Getting Arrested While In College Or At A University
If you are arrested while in college, you should first contact your parents or guardians. They will likely be able to provide support and guidance during this difficult time. It would help if you also spoke with an attorney. An experienced lawyer can help you understand your legal rights and options.
A few things may happen if you are arrested while attending college. First, the college may decide to suspend or expel you from school. This decision will depend on the specific circumstances of your arrest, as well as the school’s policies regarding arrests. In some cases, the college may allow you to continue attending classes but restrict your ability to participate in campus activities.
Another consequence of being arrested while in college is that you may find it much more difficult to secure a job. Many employers conduct background checks, and an arrest record will likely appear on your file. This could prevent you from getting the job that you want or need.
If you are arrested while in college, it is important to take action immediately. Contacting an attorney and your parents or guardians is the best way to deal with this situation. Remember, you have rights, and there are options available to you. Don’t hesitate to seek help.
What College Campuses Do To People Who Are Arrested
It’s no secret that college campuses, such as LSU, are full of young people who like to have a good time, and while most students enjoy themselves within the bounds of the law, sometimes things go too far. In situations such as this, it’s crucial to hire a criminal lawyer for college students.
Every school has its own policies when it comes to student discipline, and the consequences for getting arrested vary depending on the circumstances of each case. However, in general, schools can take a number of different actions against students who get arrested on campus. These actions include:
– Suspension or expulsion from school (this is usually reserved for students arrested on felony charges)
– Required counseling sessions with an on-campus therapist or counselor to help them cope with their arrest and any resulting trauma; this could also involve group therapy sessions such as Alcoholics Anonymous meetings if alcohol was involved in the arrest. Arrested students need to know that they have access to these services since many may be too ashamed or embarrassed about what happened and not seek out help themselves.
– Required community service hours at an approved location off campus (this is usually reserved for minor offenses like public intoxication)
Facing Criminal Penalties
In addition to the above actions, arrested students may also face criminal penalties from law enforcement agencies like the Baton Rouge Police Department (BRPD) or East Baton Rouge Parish Sheriff’s Office (EBRPSO).
These penalties include:
– Fines that range anywhere between $100-$500 depending on the offense; this is typically reserved for minor offenses such as public intoxication. If arrested students cannot afford to pay the fine, they may be required to serve time in jail
– Jail time that ranges from a few hours to several days, again depending on the offense. For more serious offenses like drug possession or DUI, arrested students could face months or even years in prison
Conclusion: Do You Get Kicked Out Of College If Arrested?
Bottom line: getting arrested on campus can have serious consequences – not just for your education, but also for your criminal record. If you find yourself in this situation, it’s important to seek legal representation in order to protect your rights. Carl Barkemeyer, Criminal Defense Attorney can help you navigate the tricky intricacies of an arrest if you are in college. His law firm is one of the top law firms in Baton Rouge Louisiana and he has helped many students such as yourself. He is a top criminal lawyer for LSU students.
You should now understand the answer to your question do you get kicked out of college if arrested.